The Public Financial Management System, often known as PFMS, is a web application that was first launched in the year 2009 with the purpose of monitoring finances that have been disbursed by the government of India for the benefit of the general public in India. PFMS was developed by a joint effort between the Government of India’s Finance Ministry, Expenditure Department, and Controller General of Accounts.
The primary mission of the PFMS Portal is to provide visibility into the flow of funds and payments that are taking place in accordance with the Public Financial System Management. The functionality of all of India’s states and union territories may be accessed via the platform’s interface. The exchange of data that is relevant to payments, the budget, and other aspects of funds is facilitated as a result of this.
In addition, PFMS has evolved into a crucial component of the payment system in India. Because it is so effectively connected with the fundamental financial system of the nation, payments may only be transmitted when an appropriate verification of the accounts has been completed.
In addition to this, the platform has also developed into a payment channel for a number of ministries that fall under the jurisdiction of the Indian government. As a result, this platform incorporates a number of different apps for beneficiary management, which allows for a more streamlined operation of the payments sent to their respective beneficiaries.
The portal PFMS has a number of advantages that enable it to provide consumers with the appropriate assistance. When users use the PFMS Portal via its interface, they open themselves up to a number of advantages, including the following:
- Transparency, in addition to improved levels of accountability
- Improved Management of Financial Resources
- Support for Effective Administration
When you enter the PFMS portal, you will see a number of different choices that you may operate and carry out in various ways. When you are on the PFMS interface, some essential components of the system that you may examine are as follows:
- Transactions that occur on a daily basis
- Transactions occurring during the current financial year
- Having knowledge of the payment information
- Monitoring payments made to NSPs
- Login for organizations that are registered.
- Direct benefit transfers
- Banking details
- Scheme details
- Search location
In addition to all of these features, there are also options for contact and help desk, which allow users to get assistance whenever they need it.
Only government agencies, including PAOs, DDOs, PDs, AAOs, and DHs, are permitted to register for and log into the PFMS. By adhering to these instructions, you will be able to complete the registration process for the platform if you are in any of the roles listed above.
- Please go to www.pfms.nic.in in order to access the PFMS official website.
- If you go to the top right of the page and click on the word “Login,” you will be sent to a screen where you may not only login but also register for the portal.
- You will need to choose “New User Registration” from the list of choices that are located on the left side of this page.
- The registration form will be sent to you as a PDF file, which will be downloaded into your device.
- You should get a hard copy of this form and then carefully fill it out.
- In order to complete the process, you are required to have an authorized officer at the office certify your identification card and sign the completed form.
- Now affix the notarized ID card to the form, together with any additional documents that may be required, and lastly hand them over to the Controller General of Accounts Office, PFMS.
PFMS Registration Guidelines
When filling out the form of registration for PFMS, there are a number of key instructions and guidelines that one has to pay attention to. Here are some of those instructions and recommendations.
- Only capital letters should be used while filling out the form, and all of the required areas must be completed without fail.
- This registration form may only be filled out by officially authorized representatives of the government.
- Only the gov.in and nic.in email domains will be supported throughout the registration process.
- In order to get the one-time password (OTP) and any other necessary information that’s needed for access, the applicant has to submit a proper active mobile number and email address.
- An activation link from PFMS will be issued to the applicant via email when all of the information has been checked and verified properly. The applicant is responsible for verifying his or her profile as soon as possible using this link.
- The account will become active within 24 hours, but only when the profile has been verified.
- Because access to PFMS would be limited while using a VPN, applicants have to make sure they have a valid NIC-VPN certificate.
- In the event that the registered officer is transferred or retires, they are responsible for making sure that their PFMS ID is disabled.
PFMS Other Registrations
On the site, in addition to the registration for new users, there are other registration choices for treasury users, agency users, and other types of users.
In the past, agencies had the opportunity to choose to register themselves independently; however, this choice is no longer available to them. The only way for the organizations to get registered on the platform is for the scheme’s financing agencies to do so.
There are other choices available to register others, and they are as follows:
- Users of the MIS Reports
- DDO of the State Government
- Checker for the Management of DBT Beneficiaries
- Users of the Treasury
The following is a list of the procedures that you need to do in order to register the users stated above.
- To access the PFMS Portal, go to the website www.pfms.nic.in and click on the appropriate link.
- If you click the login button, you will be sent to a website where you may register and log in.
- Choose the user you want to register from the drop-down menu on the left side of the page.
- On the page that follows, based on the person who is going to be registered, a form will display.
- Please ensure that there are no errors in the form before submitting it.
Following validation of the information, the PFMS will send the user id, password, and any other pertinent information to the user’s specified email address. With this information, the user will be able to log into the desired profile.
After you have sent in the application form, you will shortly get an activation link in an email from PFMS. Using this link, you will be required to authenticate your profile. This is in accordance with what is stated in the rules. After a period of 24 hours, you will automatically get an email with your login information. Here are the steps that you need to do in order to get into your PFMS account after you have gotten the login information that you need to use.
- To access the portal, type https://pfms.nic.in/ into your web browser.
- You may access the login page by going to the homepage and clicking on the login link there.
- Select the financial year and input the login details.
- Click on login to access your profile.
- After you have signed into your profile, you may start accessing an array of choices as per your demand.
PFMS Know Your Payment
Follow these procedures to discover your payment status.
- Go to the portal.
- Simply go to the site and look for the link labeled “Know Your Payment” to access it.
- You will then be sent to a screen where you will be required to enter the data, which includes the name of your bank and your bank account number.
- The next step is to verify the number of your bank account.
- Type the captcha code.
- Choose the option to Send OTP.
- After entering the OTP, which should have been sent to your cell phone, you may then submit the form.
- You should shortly get an update on the status of your payment.
PFMS NSP Payments
Students may monitor the scholarship programs that are accessible on NSP by following these procedures. NSP is an online resource.
- Please visit the site and choose the Track NSP Payments option from the menu.
- On the next page that opens, submit the information requested, which may include the name of your bank, your bank account number, and your NSP application ID.
- Now you need to input the provided captcha code, and then click the search button.
- You should shortly see a list of the many scholarship opportunities that are currently available via NSP on the screen.
PFMS Salary Slip
You will need to log in to your PFMS profile in order to access your pay slip. The actions that you need to do in order to get a copy of your pay slip are as follows.
- Go to the PFMS official website and click the Login button when you are there.
- You may sign into your profile by using the login method described in the previous section of this article.
- Select the Employee Information System after you have finished completing your personal information.
- Select “Go to EIS” from the menu.
- On this new page, locate the Pay Related link and click it.
- Simply choose “View Pay Slip” from the submenu that appears.
- After that, choose the year and the month, and then click “Submit.”
- The PFMS pay slip will be downloaded to your device, and you will need to click the open button in order to see it.
- If you would want to retain a record of your payslips, you may also save this downloaded payslip to your computer.
Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of scholarship programs offered by PFMS, provided that they meet the requirements for those programs. The following is a list of the qualifying requirements that the applicants for the scholarship programs offered by PFMS need to meet in order to be considered for one of those schemes.
- Only citizens of India are eligible to participate in these programs and projects.
- In order to apply, you need to be between the ages of 28 and 25.
- The student is required to have completed the 10th grade.
- The yearly household income of the candidate must be less than 6 lacs Indian rupees.
In order for the candidates to be considered for the scholarships, they are needed to provide the following documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Education certificate
- Valid passport-sized photograph
- Fee Receipt
PFMS Scholarship Registration
The following is a list of the actions that you may take to register for the PFMS scholarship program if you believe that you meet the requirements to do so and are eligible to do so.
- Please use this link to access the scholarship application: https://pfms.nic.in/scholarship/schemelist.aspx. in order to reach the page of PFMS that is dedicated to the scholarship scheme.
- Now, choose the scholarship program that will benefit you the best and look into the specifics of it.
- You must now register yourself as a student with PFMS; you may do so by following the instructions at the following direct link: https://pfms.nic.in/ScholarshipManagement/StudentRegistration.aspx.
- Choose the kind of scholarship you want, then fill out the essential information.
PFMS will, at a later time, publish on its official website a list of students stating the applicants who are qualified for this scholarship program as well as the money that will be deposited into their accounts.
PFMS Bank List
On the PFMS, there is a long list of banks that have been integrated in order to provide the appropriate payment services for the various programs. The question now is how to determine whether or not a certain bank is already connected to the PFMS system. To achieve your goal, just follow these instructions.
- Please go to the PFMS official website.
- You may access the Bank/Post Office option by clicking on the tab located to the left of the homepage.
- Simply choose “Bank Branch” from the list that drops below.
- Fill out the form with all of the information about your bank branch, and then click the Search button.
- Soon, the system will indicate whether the bank is included in the PFMS bank listing or not.
PFMS Help Desk
In most cases, the applicants may find the answers to all of their queries in the PFMS user guide and the frequently asked questions part that is offered. Candidates may, however, get in contact with the PFMS support staff in the event that there is anything that needs particular attention.
At the toll-free number 1800 118 111, you may get in touch with the PFMS authorities to ask any questions or voice any concerns you might have. You may also get in touch with them by calling the following number: 011 23343860. You may also email them your issues and inquiries at [email protected].